I recently shared this recipe with my neighbor for spaghetti dinner she was hosting. Sometimes we fail to realize that our simple recipes can enrich the lives of others. She loved it so much I decided to share with all my friends at Homemaker’s Challenge.
- 4 lbs diced fresh tomatoes
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- 4-5 cloves fresh garlic
- 1-2 fresh onions
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil or 2 tbsp. fresh, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste (add near end of cooking)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 package mixed vegetables
- Turkey sausage, chopped
- In a large heated pot with olive oil, add finely chopped onions. When halfway done, add minced garlic. Cook until browned. Add tomatoes, and cook for about 2 hours. Add seasonings and cook until sauce is the desired thickness. I love to see the ingredients in this sauce lying on my pasta. You can season with salt and pepper.
- For a non-vegetarians variation cook and season ground turkey. Add turkey, and mix vegetables to your tomato sauce and allowing the vegetables to cook. You can also add your chopped sausage at this time.
- I top this recipe with fresh garlic and cheese.
Do you have any recipes that might enrich the life of a friend?